Google Cloud: https://cloud.google.com/security/privacy/
1. What Personal Information We Collect
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
4. Your Personal Information Rights
5. Transfer of Personal Information outside the EU
6. How Long Your Data is Held
7. Policy Updates
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we also automatically collect certain data, including data about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
This is known as Device Information, and we collect this using the following technologies:
• “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
Examples of Cookies we use:
* Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
* Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
* Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Detailed information about the specific cookies used by the Site’s host, Wix, can be found here: https://support.wix.com/en/article/cookies-and-your-wix-site
Note: You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
• “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
OPERATING OUR SERVICES
We use your Communication Information generally to:
• To provide and operate the Services;
• Communicate with you;
• To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
• Screen communications for potential risk or fraud; and
• When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our services (Online Marketing).
ANALYTICS & ONLINE MARKETING
We use your Device Information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how clients browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
In addition, this information is used to personalise content and ads, to provide Social Media features and to analyse our traffic. We share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners such as Facebook and Google, who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK ADS - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE ADS - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at:
"Do Not Track" Notice
We do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a ‘Do Not Track’ signal from your browser.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Personal Information attained from customers is important to The Distinctive Gardener. Your personal information is shared for very limited reasons, to nominated Data Processers (Service Providers) and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• The Site is hosted on the platform Wix.com who is our Service Provider. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to bring our services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
• Analytics: We use Service Provider Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site to make improvements. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and you can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
• Business transfers: If the business were sold or merged, your information may be disclosed as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws: Information may be collected, used, retained, and shared if it is reasonably necessary to:
(a) respond to legal process or to government requests;
(b) enforce The Distinctive Gardener’s agreements, terms and policies;
(c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues;
(d) protect the rights, property, and safety of customers, or others.
4. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These are described below:
• Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information held about you by contacting The Distinctive Gardener using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (where there are requirements to store data for legal reasons) your personal information will be deleted upon request.
• Object: You can object to:
(i) The Distinctive Gardener’s processing of some of your information based on the defined legitimate interests
(ii) receiving marketing messages after providing your express consent to receive them.
Note: In such cases, your personal information will be deleted unless there is compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about The Distinctive Gardener’s use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EU
Information may be stored and processed through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, your Personal Information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If it is necessary to transfer information about you outside of the EU, Privacy Shield is the legal basis for the transfer, as the nominated Service Providers Wix and Google Cloud are Privacy Shield certified.
More information on data transfers can be found in:
Google Cloud: https://cloud.google.com/security/privacy/
6. HOW LONG YOUR DATA IS HELD
When you visit the Site, contact us via our contact form, email us or telephone us, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records, unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Device Information held for analytics purposes may be removed automatically within a shorter period of 24 months.
7. POLICY UPDATES
8. CONTACT DETAILS
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
38 York Road, Ealing, W5 4SG